School Sport - The Wolves Way
School Sport - The Wolves Way is our core offer for Primary Schools across the city of Wolverhampton and surrounding areas. Inclusive in the project is Premier League Primary Stars - a national initiative ran in partnership with the Premier League Charitable Fund.
The core aims for our work in schools is to;
- Build on strong links already forged with relevant internal and external partners, thus continuing an ongoing consultation process of identifying and tackling barriers to participation and high level performance in Physical Education, School Sport and Enrichment activity for teachers and pupils at the City of Wolverhampton's schools.
- Using knowledge gained through ongoing CPD of our staff including the AfPE L3 PESS, quality assurance and feedback, we will deliver high quality, progressive lessons aligned with the National Curriculum to all pupils that we engage in PE Curriculum that encourage participants to excel in a variety of sports.
- We will improve the standard of PE lessons being taught by class teachers by giving the opportunity for all teachers whose class is involved in PE Curriculum lessons access to a bespoke CPD programme that caters for the needs they have identified, and works with them to improve their knowledge, understanding and confidence in delivering Ofsted level 'outstanding' PE lessons.
- The project will have a clear aim of improving the health and lifestyles of pupils and parents through teaching the importance of physical activity and healthy eating, thus reducing the number of pupils that leave primary school without understanding their body and how to maintain its health.
- Pupils and schools involved will have greater access to extra-curricular clubs that allow them to continue their sporting progress, be challenged further if identified as Gifted and Talented, or have greater opportunity if from an under represented group such as SEN or Girls.
- We will increase the opportunity all pupils involved have to access further sporting programmes out of school, such as Wolves Community Trust's participation activity.
- Through a clear Talent Identification framework we will offer pathways to elite level sport across a variety of sports through links with local sports clubs, NGB's and through football with the WWFC Academy.
- To improve the standards and levels of attainment in literacy, numeracy and PSHE in the cities children through structured interventions and collapsed curriculum Molineux Education sessions by using football and sport as the learning aid.
- Give greater access to intra and inter schools school competition through aligning with the cities PASS Team's competition calendar as well as delivering on and offering facility usage to the School Games and ESFA.
Delivery models are bespoke to the needs of each school. For more information please see our brochure or alternatively contact School Sport Manager Tom Warren on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01902 687038.