Wolves Community Trust is working with the NHS Healthy Lifestyle team to offer Nordic Walking sessions across the city.
Nordic Walking is the fastest growing fitness activity in the world and is used by individuals, personal trainers, health clubs, physiotherapists, doctors and health promoters because it is highly effective, affordable and FUN!
Some of the benefits of Nordic Walking include;
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the heart and lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- It's very sociable; chat as you go!
- It is easy to learn and to keep up
- It combines exercise with the nature which has been proven to boost mood
Wolves Nordic Walking courses will commence this summer and will include;
- A free taster session
- A free NHS Health Check (optional)
- Learn to Nordic Walk course (£10 per person*)
This scheme is available for all adults living in the Wolverhampton area.